Ground up placentas of sheep. No, really. At $300-400 per oz.
News: SIMON COWELL IS OBSESSED WITH SHEEP PLACENTA FACIALS. Opinion: He got “fleeced”.
News: STEM CELL FACIAL VOTED # 1 MOST REQUESTED TREATMENT! Opinion: That Simon guy is not alone.
Expert Ratings & Stem Cell Skin Care Review Summary
- Ground up mammalian tissue is just what is sounds like: hamburger.
- Interesting. Look like sheep placentas may express large amounts of adrenal stimulators and prostaglandins. Not a good thing. No evidence it would ever help skin.
- Schroeder, HJ, Kanda, E, Power, GG, Blood, AB (2016) Fetal-maternal nitrite exchange in sheep: Experimental data, a computational model and an estimate of placental nitrite permeability. Placenta 38: 67-75
- Uchendu, CN, Isek, T (2008) Antifertility activity of aqueous ethanolic leaf extract of Spondias mombin (Anacardiaceae) in rats. Afr Health Sci 8: 163-7
- Alvaro, RE, Hasan, SU, Chemtob, S, Qurashi, M, Al-Saif, S, Rigatto, H (2004) Prostaglandins are responsible for the inhibition of breathing observed with a placental extract in fetal sheep. Respir Physiol Neurobiol 144: 35-44
- Berri, M, Bernard, F, Lecu, A, Ollivet-Courtois, F, Rodolakis, A (2004) Molecular characterisation and ovine live vaccine 1B evaluation toward a Chlamydophila abortus strain isolated from springbok antelope abortion. Vet. Microbiol. 103: 231-40
- Fowler, PA, Groome, NP, Al-Gubory, KH (2003) Demonstration of a non-steroidal, non-inhibin factor in the ovine corpus luteum of pregnancy that reduces pituitary responsiveness to GnRH-induced LH secretion in vitro. Reproduction 126: 35-42
- Charpigny, G, Reinaud, P, Tamby, JP, Créminon, C, Guillomot, M (1997) Cyclooxygenase-2 unlike cyclooxygenase-1 is highly expressed in ovine embryos during the implantation period. Biol. Reprod. 57: 1032-40
- Tan, W, Riggs, KW, Thies, RL, Rurak, DW (1997) Use of an automated fluorescent microsphere method to measure regional blood flow in the fetal lamb. Can. J. Physiol. Pharmacol. 75: 959-68
- Amin, JD, Wilsmore, AJ (1997) The effects of crude placental extract and erythritol on growth of Chlamydia psittaci (ovis) in McCoy cells. Vet. Res. Commun. 21: 431-5
- Alvaro, RE, Robertson, M, Al-Saedi, S, Lemke, RP, Cates, DB, Rigatto, H (1997) Preliminary characterization of a placental factor inhibiting breathing in fetal sheep. Reprod. Fertil. Dev. 9: 641-9
- Onuaguluchi, G, Ghasi, S (1996) The pharmacological basis for the use of dried sheep placenta in traditional obstetric practice in Nigeria. J Ethnopharmacol 54: 27-36
- Cost = $400/oz ]
- ENERGIZE YOUR SKIN & RECAPTURE YOUR YOUTH WITH THE POWER OF O-PLACENTA™ Revitalize and regenerate your cells with the latest technology in stem cell science. Our powerful source of O-PLACENTA™ skin food provides cellular renewal, reduces inflammation, and hydrates the skin. As a result, your skin will be restored to its younger more vibrant self. If it sounds like bunkum, it probably is bunkum.
- O-Placenta™ Ovine Placenta Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Chamomile Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Gold. If you haven’t heard, gold can be toxic to skin.