This review applies to the whole class, not this product. Stem cells from plants are bogus. Plants do not have stem cells, they have meristems (which is what the stem cells from apples, grapes, etc purveyors use). Meristem cells do not demonstrate any of the markers by which stem cell scientists identify stem cells, nor do they display key identifying characteristics associated with stem cells. In short, they are not stem cells to any scientist. Most importantly, they do not secrete chemicals that communicate with human cells to tell them to grow, proliferate, regenerate, heal, or anything else. And yet, that is the way real (e.g. human) stem cells benefit skin. You don’t rub the cells on, or push them into your skin. You grow them in a laboratory and get them to produce a highly refined cocktail of biochemical messengers that will “talk” to your own cells. Plant stem cells don’t know the language. No reason why they should. So why do the makers of such products call them stem cells? Mainly it is a marketing ploy. Some of them may believe it (there seem to be very few actual scientists involved in some of these companies). Some may know but don’t care as long as they get you to part with your money. Either way, they are wrong (scientifically, morally). For this reason we don’t take time to review these products. We list them in our database for the sake of completeness.
Expert Ratings Summary & Review
NOT REVIEWED - PLANT STEM CELLS ARE BOGUS - NOT SCIENCE
- There is none that makes any sense.
- None – check pubmed, talk to a botanist or stem cell scientist. Head scratch.
- The main concerns are the ethical ones having to do with truth in advertising.
- Impacts your wallet, but not your skin (beyond a potential mild antioxidant effect).
- “Glymed Plus Stem Cell Power Serum is an instant power surge to reset aging skin at a cellular level. This Glymed Serum uses a clinically proven high-tech plant cell culture extracted from the stem cells of the Swiss Uttwiler Spatlauber apple. Glymed Plus Stem Cell Power Serum uses advanced biopeptide, neuropeptide and phytotechnological formula also contains 4 powerful peptide boosters to help stimulate new cell growth and reprogram aging skin fibroblasts increasing collagen production, in addition to skin quenching Hyaluronic Acid and Sodium PCA-part of the Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF) of healthy skin. Essential cellular lipids, Phosphatidylcholine, and Squalene lock in water for further hydration; and Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C) and 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide reduce and brighten epidermal hyperpigmentation”